Call for projects for the Kids Kino Lab, script development workshop is now open! Are you ready to develop your story? Submit your project of a film or series for young audiences before 15th October.
Kids Kino Lab – script development workshop
Kids Kino Lab is an international script development programme dedicated to scriptwriters and producers who are interested in developing films or series (live action, animation or documentary) for kids and youth.
12 teams (producer + scriptwriter) will be developing their projects from a short synopsis to the advance draft of the script together with production basics (estimated budget, financing and promotion plan). The programme of the Kids Kino Lab is enriched with sessions with invited guests and experts from the fields of scriptwriting, distribution, sales and many others. The programme of the ongoing edition which will end in September can be found here.
Individual and group work
The teams will be divided into three script development groups lead by one of our Script Tutors: Kirsten Bonnen Rask, Armin Prediger, Philip LaZebnik.
Producers from each Team will have a chance to work on the development of their projects under the supervision of Ronald Kruschak, our Producers’ Tutor.
- Kids Kino Lab is open to the projects from all the European countries.
- The workshops will be conducted in English.
- The cost of the programme is 1600 EUR per team (2 people, each additional team member needs to pay 800 EUR). This covers experts and tutors, hotels and food.
- The programme lasts nine months.
- 7th edition of Kids Kino Lab consists of four stationary group sessions (5 days each) and three online consultations with the lead Tutors.
- Each session of the workshops takes place during a film festival for children or an industry event.
The programme kicks off at the beginning of 2022. During each session the Participants together with the Tutors will work on the next stages of the script development process.
Session I – Synopsis
Session II – Treatment
Session III – First draft of the script
Session IV – Second draft of the script
More detailed workflow of the workshop and application form can be found on Kids Kino Lab website.
Kids Kino Lab is organised by Kids Kino Industry, part of the Kids Kino International Film Festival in cooperation with JEF and Zlin Film Festival.
Kids Kino Lab is co-financed by Creative Europe – MEDIA and Polish Film Institute.