One week left to apply to Kids Kino Lab scholarship programme for writers / script consultants and a young producer. To give you some insight on what it is like to work with our tutors as their assistants, we asked Marie-Gabrielle Peaucelle and Emma Drost Jensen, who took part in the last edition of the programme. Keep reading!
Some thoughts about Kids Kino Lab from Marie-Gabrielle Peaucelle, Philip LaZebnik’s assistant during Kids Kino Lab 2021 edition:
Being an assistant to Philip LaZebnik at Kids Kino Lab was an incredible experience. I got to work on very different projects and learned many tools from Philip to analyze and give feedback on a treatment and a script. Besides, the various masterclasses that were given throughout the year either by other mentors or external guests were very rich. Finally, meeting all the participants from different countries, sharing ideas and experiences, was very thrilling. I really recommend to apply as an assistant, you will learn a lot, meet a lot of professional experts, caring to share their work and experience.
Some thoughts about Kids Kino Lab from Emma Drost Jensen, Ronald Kruschak’s assistant during Kids Kino Lab 2021 edition:
Application deadline: 22 November
As an assistant at our scholarship programme, you will acquire skills in the scope of:
- the construction of the movie script,
- analysis of script,
- tools used for consultation of projects: scripts or production aspects,
- building a childhood movie hero,
- understanding the market mechanisms of European children’s film productions, such as how films for children are financed, distributed, or sold.
You will have a chance to:
- take part in face to face sessions in Poland (2 sessions, one at Kids Kino Industry), Belgium during JEF Festival and Czech Republic during Zlin Film Festival
- attend online individual and group consultations with our Tutors and Kids Kino Lab participants
- meet emerging filmmakers and industry experts in the field of kids content
The recruitment process
Step 1. Apply for the programme using application form. Deadline is November 22.
Step 2. Among all the applications, the tutors and Kids Kino Lab organizers will choose the shortlisted candidates who will be invited for the online interview.
We will let all applicants know if they are put through to the next step or not.
Step 3. Online interviews with the shortlisted candidates. Between 23 Nov. – 26 Nov.
Step 4. Final decision. The selected scholars will be notified by the organizers via email at the beginning of December.
The scholarship is free of charge, which means there is no fee to take part in the programme, but at the same time, the participants will not be receiving a salary. Accommodation and food for participants during the stationary sessions is provided by the organizer, however, the travel costs are on the participant’s side.
The working language is English which means it is essential that you can communicate effectively in English.