The call for application opens 25th August – 23rd October 2020.
Before filling in the information please have a look at the general principals.
Who are the workshops for?
- The workshops are aimed for teams: producer + scriptwriter who would like to developed their project (full-length film or TV series) from short synopsis to the second draft of the script.
How does it work?
- Participants will be divided into three groups (two groups will develop full-length film projects and one group will develop TV series), with four projects in each group. Each of the groups has its own lead screenwriting tutor who supervises the projects through all the workshops.
- Through the entire course the producers will be guided by a production tutors who will help to develop the project from the production perspective.
- The film groups develop projects from the synopsis stage (initial concept) to the script’s second draft.
- The TV series group develops their concepts for a TV series, the outline of the first season, a synopsis of all the episodes, and the script for the pilot episode.
- The producers take part in all the creative work on the screenplay while also preparing the project’s financial strategy, a marketing plan, a budget and a production package for the project.
Is my project eligible for the Kids Kino.Lab?
- Kids Kino.Lab is open to the projects from all the European countries.
- We do accept both full-length films and series projects in all the categories: animations/ documentaries/ live-actions.
- No short films and TV specials are accepted.
Among our Tutors there are Kirsten Bonnen Rask, Armin Prediger, Philip LaZebnik and Ronald Kruschak. Read more about our Tutors here.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of the programme is 1600 EURO per team.
- Accommodation and food for participants is provided by the organizer.
- The travel costs are on the participant’s side.
What is the working language?
- The working language is English.
What is the schedule?
The workshops last ten months and consist of four group sessions (5 days each) and three online consultations with the lead Tutors. Each session of the workshops takes place during a film festival for children or an industry event.
I session – Synopsis – January 2021 – Poland.
II session – Treatment – March 2021 – JEF Festival, Antwerp, Belgium.
III session – First draft of the script – May/June 2021 – Zlin Film Festival, Zlin, Czechia.
IV session – Second draft of the script – September 2021 – Kids Kino Industry, Warsaw, Poland.
Between the stationery sessions each Team will have online individual consultations with the Tutors.
Didn’t you find the answer to your questions? Contact us!